Monday, July 30, 2018

Think for yourself (The Beatles) (LP 259)

The Beatles Rubber Soul (CDs and vinyl - Parlophone, 1965) *****

Genre:  Beatles pop

Places I remember: I have multiple copies of this album on different formats. Friends have given me their copies, CD and vinyl versions have come from here, there and everywhere.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Norwegian Wood (this Bird Has Flown)





Gear costume:  Drive My Car, Girl, In My Life

Active compensatory factors: Rubber Soul is really the start of the breathtaking studio expansion years. 


The breadth and depth of quality in lyrics, sound design, album cover, musicianship was all on display. It was another quantum leap onwards from the last album.

Staggering really, that they could continue to do this for pretty much the rest of the sixties.

Some of John's best work is on here (see above) and George was making great progress as well with If I Needed Someone

Where do they all belong? Volume 1 of the Rubber Soul/Revolver mid point world domination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment