Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Om shanti (Alice Coltrane) (LP 254)

Alice Coltrane The Ecstatic Music of Alice Coltrane Turiyasangitananda (Vinyl - Luaka Bop, 2017) ***

Genre: International music  

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records (for some substantial money, it has to be said) 


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Om Shanti





Gear costume All the other tracks 

Active compensatory factors: A series of devotional chants set to new age style sounds, this is a long way from the progressive jazz format I'm used to from Alice Coltrane. 


I had heard a track on a Mojo magazine sampler of recent releases and loved what I heard. It did take a while to buy the vinyl - not sure why new release records are so expensive - what's that about?

And I'm not sure how many plays this will get - especially now I've boxed up all my records and put them into a secure lock up while we head off to England.

Where do they all belong? A one off - although my Buddhist chants CD is a close cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment