Thursday, January 12, 2017

Water under the bridge (Adele) (LP 80)

Adele 25 (CD - XL Recordings, 2015) ***

Genre: English pop/rock

Places I remember: The Warehouse (Hastings)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: River Lea takes its inspiration from Adele's roots in Tottenham.




Gear costume: Hello is the mega hit off the album, of course. Over a billion YouTube views so no need to include it here.

Active compensatory factors: There's something in the expression in Adele Laurie Blue Adkins (MBE) 's eyes on the cover of 25 that looks tired and a little blank.

Am I reading too much into this? I don't think so - by 25 (actually she was aged 27 when it came out in November 2015) she had well and truly been on the roller coaster ride of mega success for a few years. For everything - you have to pay the price.

Like 19, I haven't listened to 25 a lot - twice maybe all the way through. Whereas 21 is the one I'll return to over time. I wonder how much of 25 would have made the cut for 21

Not that 25 is bad by any means. It's just that things have become somewhat formulaic, which is to be expected, I guess.

Time for a change? But what do I know. It's in a load of best of year lists and you can't argue with its success and she's a hell of a singer. So...yeah.

Where do they all belong? The next one is REALLY going to be interesting. Apparently 25 will be the last one to use the number idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment