Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fragile dreams (Anathema) (LP 65)

Anathema alternative 4 (Vinyl - Peaceville, 1998) **

Genre: Progressive rock

Places I remember: Cost $15 from the Hastings Warehouse, 2016 (a few weeks ago). Yes I still buy vinyl, wherever I can find it.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Actually, nothing special has lifted itself into my brain and I've had it on high rotate. So this is something of a random choice from YouTube.




Active compensatory factors: I'm a fan of Anathema. I love prog, both old and modern so I snapped this up on vinyl when I saw it in the Warehouse.

Sadly though it's, at this stage, a definite meh.

I'd played it over and over - hoping each time for a tune to leap out at me/ stick in my brain/ worm its way into my consciousness.

But all I'm left with is...meh.

Where do they all belong? Anathema have a deep back catalogue - more to come that is definitely more memorable than Alternative 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment