Sunday, March 6, 2016

Try to hold on (Smashing Pumpkins) #525 - 527

Smashing Pumpkins Stand Inside Your Love/ Speed Kills  (Virgin, 2000)
Smashing Pumpkins Try Try Try/ Here's To The Atom Bomb  (Virgin, 2000)
Smashing Pumpkins Untitled/ Try/ Age Of Innocence  (Virgin, 2001)

These three show the band trying to hold on...and failing.

Compared to the songs on the last posting these are nondescript, flaccid, hollow versions of a band I love.

I'm sure there is someone out there right now reacting with apoplexy but I struggle with these three songs. I really do.

Billy Corgan's gift for melodic alternative prog metal deserted him for a time (he got his mojo back I'm happy to report) and so these chunes are NOT his finest hour.

Hidden gems - Ar - no!

The videos are as dire as the songs - Try Try Try is such a depressing couple of minutes that I refuse to support it further, so with some reluctance here's the best of a bad bunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment