Saturday, May 6, 2023

I had a dream (Audience) (LP 1056)

Audience  The House On The Hill (CD and vinyl, Charisma Records, 1971) ***** 

Genre: Prog rock

Places I remember: Marbecks Records for the CD, Vinyl Countdown for the vinyl (Aussie pressing with inside black and white gatefold cover).

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Eye To Eye

Gear costume: Jackdaw 

Active compensatory factors: I have three albums by Audience in the prog section: Lunch (see Where do they all belong?); Reflection (a compilation); and now the one I've been after for a while - The House On The Hill.

This is the one. Great songs, expansive prog explorations/ songs and main man Howard Werth's excellent vocal presence. 

It really benefits from repeat plays because there's so much going on with sax, flute, guitars and the aforementioned vocals from Howard. It makes for a heady, rewarding album.

Where do they all belong? Along with Lunch, which I discussed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment