Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Melodrama and pantomime (John Tavener) (LP 841 - 842)

John Tavener   The Whale (Vinyl and CD, Apple Records, 1970) *

John Tavener   Celtic Requiem (CD, Apple Records, 1974) *

Genre: Apple Records, Classical

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records 

Active compensatory factors: Ringo is responsible for this appearing on Apple Records. He must have genuinely liked it, because he re-released it on his own Ring 'O Records seven years later. Amazing.

If you like this sort of thing, like Ringo, then fair play to you but I have no taste for this modern classical music. I only own them because of my obsession with Apple Records (I don't have the same obsession for Ringo's label so I only own the one copy).

Note - there are no fab/gear selections I can find from these two albums.

Where do they all belong? Apple Records was an eclectic collection of artists - partly why we all love the idea of Apple but also a reason why the label lost money outside of The Beatles and their solo careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment