Sunday, December 26, 2021

Colors/dance (George Winston) (LP 760)

George Winston  Autumn (Vinyl and CD, Windham Hill Records, 1980) *** 

GenrePiano jazz 

Places I remember: Real Groovy for the vinyl and Kings Recording (Abu Dhabi) for the 20th anniversary edition on CD.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperbolesGear costume: The whole album needs to be experienced rather than individual tracks. 

Active compensatory factors: I really enjoy solo piano albums - whether they are by Monk, Jarrett, or George Winston.

Admittedly George is at the more populist end of the spectrum and he's not as challenging as the other two genius pianists I've listed. That just means it can wash over you and you can drift away into your personal autumnal world.

I love autumn - my favourite season and this music suits that mood wonderfully.

Where do they all belong? More George Winston to come on CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment