Sunday, March 22, 2020

Step lightly (Ringo Starr) (LP 394)

David Hentschel Startling Music (Vinyl, Ring O'Records, 1975) * 

Genre: Apple/Dark Horse/Ring O'Records 

Places I remember: Direction Records (Auckland)


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/ Gear costume: The least objectionable track would be Have You seen My Baby? 





Active compensatory factors: Yikes. This is tough going.

One for die hard completists only, it takes each song from Ringo's greatest ever album (Ringo), (big call? No way Jose!!) and rearranges it for synthesizer. Throw in some drums from Phil Collins (what was HE thinking?) and put out via Ringo's vanity record label.

Yes, folks, it's as bad as all that sounds.


Where do they all belong? My copy is pristine - it's been played twice. Once when I got it back in 1975, and just now so that I could refresh my memory. It has NOT improved with age!

No comments:

Post a Comment