Monday, May 27, 2019

The future of the future (stay gold) (Everything But The Girl) (LP 317)

Everything But The Girl Temperamental (ipod/CD - Atlantic-Virgin, 1999) ***

Genre:  British pop/ dance/ electronica

Places I remember: A charity shop purchase in Caterham (no one apart from me wants to buy CDs anymore) 


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/
Gear costume:  Temperamental




Active compensatory factors: All my CDs are in a mess - having moved they are in a jumble of boxes. Temperamental isn't among them as it's still coming via sea with our stuff from England.

So, as I was pootling school-ward today along State Highway 50 (riding the 50), and crested a ridge with the splendour of the Hawke's Bay coastline bathed in vivid red sunrise colours before me, this song came on and got me a-bopping and a-grooving.

Who needs a dancefloor?

Where do they all belong? More Ben Watt influenced than our Trace (beats, dance flavoured electronica) but as soon as the sublime vocals come in, she owns it!

No comments:

Post a Comment