Thursday, December 27, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Michael Bublé) (LP 285)

Michael Bublé Christmas (CD - Reprise,  2012) ***

Genre: Jazz 

Places I remember: HMV in Llandudno, this Christmas  


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas





Gear costume: Jingle Bells (with the Puppini Sisters) 

Active compensatory factors: Okay, I m not a fan, generally, of 
Michael Bublé's type of jazz vocal, but, I was won over by the featured track. 

In fact I've been singing it non stop over Christmas, having bought the CD for my wife from the HMV in Llandudno while on holiday after she complained that I had no Christmas music in the car.

My dad would have loved it, as so would my mum - those Puppini Sister vocals would have have instantly reminded her of her fav Andrews Sisters.

Michael is effortless, and smoooth. Great for easy listening at Christmas while touring around North Wales with her indoors.

Where do they all belong? May be worth a search to see what else is available in the swing genre from this guy. He's just put out a new album of love songs that I'll most definitely be avoiding but that potential proper jazz album (if it exists) could be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment