Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A dream within a dream (Alan Parsons Project) (LP 284)

 Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery And Imagination (Vinyl - Mercury, 1976) ****

Genre: Prog rock 

Places I remember: Chaldon Books and Records (Caterham on the hill) 


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles:
 (The system of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether




Gear costume: The Raven  

Active compensatory factors: I admit to being slow to discover the merits of the Alan Parsons Project. 



Original cover 
In the seventies I was suspicious and more into the heavier music of the time. APP seemed light weight in comparison to Rory Gallagher frinstance.

But over time I've come back to APP albums. I played my son's copy a few times at home in NZ and realised what I'd been missing out on - namely Beatles inspired prog pop songs.

Where do they all belong? This one (with the slightly revamped cover) is a slightly revamped version Alan Parsons put out in 1987. 

I can't tell the difference myself but I'm sure he's added some spit and polish to what is a fine album anyway.

Producers can't help themselves sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment