Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Dig some sides? (Grant Greissman) (LP 281)

Grant Geissman Cool Man Cool (CD - Futurism Records, 2009) ****

Genre: Jazz 

Places I remember: Great bargain: 99p from Fives - Leigh-on-sea, on the weekend.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/ Gear costume: Cool Man Cool



 

Active compensatory factors: What is cool jazz? Well, take a listen to the above track and have a look at the audience - they know cool when they hear it!

Something great happening here and I'm not just saying that because the CD only cost me 99p. I started listening to it on my ipod while travelling to Warwick for work.

The train was packed, the people smells interesting, the body-spam unwelcome, the guy beside me, large - and yet I was blissfully miles away thanks to Grant Geissman's lovely cool jazz.

That comes from his guitar and the soothing sounds from his combo. Cool!

Where do they all belong? Try some Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond for more cool man jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment