Thursday, September 1, 2016

I believe (deep within) (Máire Brennan) (LP 39)

Máire Brennan  Máire (Vinyl - RCA, 1992) ***

Genre: Folk

Places I remember: Marbecks during the sell off of their vinyl stock.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Voices of the Land




Gear costume: Against the Wind

Active compensatory factors: Máire (a.k.a Moya Brennan) is the older sister of Enya and Brídín Brennan. She began performing professionally in 1970 when her family formed the band Clannad and this is her first album.

It's okay but not really my thing. Like Enya and Clannad, it all sounds samey to me. The two tracks highlighted are mid tempo and do raise their head above the slower aural washes.

It's nice and all for background noise but I don't think music should be background noise. For me, it should provoke a reaction of some kind and this stuff, while pleasant, doesn't do that to me. Sorry.

Where do they all belong? If you want more head to Clannad.

No comments:

Post a Comment