Wednesday, June 15, 2016

MotownPhilly (Boyz II Men) (LP 13)

Boyz II Men  CooleyHighHarmony  (CD - Motown, 1992) *** and a half

Genre:  Soul

Places I remember:  I had the cassette for years, which I bought in Nelson, and upgraded to CD from The Warehouse, Hastings.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: End of the Road is where the Boyz II Men story starts!


  

Gear costume:  Plenty of other high spots, but MotownPhilly tells the boyz story well and is catchy as all get out.

Active compensatory factors: This all started with a performance of End of the Road on (I think) The Rosie O'Donnell Show. I somehow caught the show (no YouTube remember) and sat transfixed by the smooth emotional delivery. A classic song - bam! Right there!

The harmonies and doo wop influences within this album's songs were what hooked me and kept me interested throughout their career.


Where do they all belong? I kind of link the first two albums together as I had them both on high rotate in the Purdmobile travelling around Nelson when the kids were young (a white van at that time to move the six of us). Good times!

After me kidz - Boyz to men, A B C...

No comments:

Post a Comment