Sunday, December 13, 2015

Who says you can't be happy all the time? (Lighthouse Family) #492 - 494

Lighthouse Family Lost In Space/ High (Live)/ Raincloud/ High (Remix) (Polydor, 1998)
Lighthouse Family (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free/ You're A Star/ (I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be) Free (Remix) (Polydor, 2001)
Lighthouse Family Happy/ High/ Whatever Gets You Through The Day/ She Moves In Her Own Way (video) (Polydor, 2002)

I love Lighthouse Family. I don't care if that's not trendy or hip or whatever. 

The soul vocal/techno beat combo is generally a winning one for me. Certainly the chemistry between Paul Tucker and Tunde is exceptional.

Lost In Space is from the second album (Postcards From Heaven). A nice song but not a single I wouldn't have thought.

Free is an incredible song. An all time favourite!

Happy is a cool idea, a cool song! Tunde's effortless vocal style is a perfect match for Paul Tucker's sounds on this track. 

This is the perfect song for me right now, being in London an all!

Hidden gems: High (on the Happy single) has an infectious beat. Makes me high!! I love the lyrics too - a great song! This ten minute plus version is taken at a faster pace with those beats accentuated. It works!

Same with the 7 plus minute version of Free. Beats, isolates the vocal track and then goes free form. Love it!

You're A Star, like Whatever gets You Through The Day, is from the parent albums: great songs - worthy of A sidehood in their own right.

The acoustic version of High is as snugly as a warm blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment