Saturday, May 26, 2012

Well all right then (Big Joe Turner/Pete Johnson)

While I was away I really missed being able to reach into my collection and play a lot of great songs.

Pete Johnson and Big Joe Turner's It's All Right, Baby is definitely one of them and one of the first songs I put on the turntable when I unpacked my records from storage.

It's on a great double LP called The Great Blues Men on Vanguard with an amazing cover collage by Eric Von Schmidt.

Pete Johnson is the awesome boogie woogie pianoman and Big Joe Turner is the awesome blues shouter. What a combination.

Sadly youtube doesn't seem to have that particular song but it can be downloaded via various interweb sites like this: http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Great-Blues-Men/release/859378

No comments:

Post a Comment