Saturday, April 2, 2011

Over the bridge of sighs to rest my eyes in shades of green (Small Faces)


Well well well - what's this then? Wozza learning the guitar? Well yes - I believe it is!

Based on the theory that it's never too late to learn (rather than the maxim that you can't teach an old dog new tricks) I recently bought a guitar from a music shop in Dubai, with my son Adam's help. It was the music shop in the Dubai Mall. Sadek Music I think it's called.


It's just a basic classic guitar. I also bought, on a subsequent visit, a nifty little tuning device that I can use and an Idiot's Guide to Playing The Guitar book from the music section in that huge bookshop in the Dubai Mall.


Now the tricky bit - learning to play it!!


So far I'm doing the warm up exercises and trying to get my fingers used to where the frets are and where the strings are! It's tricky but the Eddy Ate Dynamite, Good Bye Eddie little memory device tells me where the strings are (EADGBE) from top to bottom.


I'll keep you posted on my progress via the blog - that way I have incentive to keep progressing.


Love and peace - Wozza

No comments:

Post a Comment