Saturday, November 26, 2016

Incandescent blue (Bruce Cockburn) (LP 67)

Bruce Cockburn Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws (Vinyl - RCA, 1979) ***

Genre: Folk

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Wondering Where The Lions Are




Gear costume: After The Rain

Active compensatory factors: The hook (to buy the whole album) was the awesomeness of Wondering Where The Lions Are. My children know this song really well. Not only did I play it a lot but I would often wake them up in the morning with the opening lines:

Sun's up, uuh huh, looks okay
The world survives into another day
And I'm thinking about eternity
Some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me.


After The Rain is a beautiful tone poem reflection that floats along a few feet above the ground. Gorgeous music!

The rest of the album cannot rise to those lofty heights but is nothing less than good honest Canadian folk/rock music.

Where do they all belong? With other obscure Canadian folkies like Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment