Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Who do you think I am (Joan Baez) (LP 1042)

Joan Baez  Gone From Danger (CD, Guardian Records, 1997) ****  

Genre: Folk, Americana 

Places I remember: Amoeba Music (LA)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Reunion Hill

Gear costume: Mercy Bound

Active compensatory factors: I used this album recently as my album of the week selection for the WTW Music Club. I aim to only use 4 or 5 star rated albums for my selections and I was pretty confident my mates would like it a lot. Which they did.

You don't have to love Joan, as I do, to appreciate the joys of Gone From Danger. Joan sings superbly of course, but these songs and the instrumentation fits snuggly in the Americana genre, hence broadening her appeal.

I love my CD copy, which I found recently on our trip to California at Christmas time, but it's also worth exploring this Spotify link for the expanded version as it includes some incredible live material showcasing this album and more. 

Where do they all belong? Always on the lookout for more albums from Joan. That's it for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment