Saturday, April 22, 2023

Trouble (Shawn Colvin) (LP 1043)

Shawn Colvin  Whole New You (CD, Columbia Records, 2001) ***

GenreFolk rock, Americana 

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Whole New You

Gear costume: Matter Of Minutes 

Active compensatory factors: Shawn's voice is smooth and rich, relaxed and expressive. I like it a lot. 

Sunny Came Home hooked me first from her previous album (A Few Small Repairs). While that album was about her divorce, Whole New You came four years later and by that time the songs were about family and commitment in relationships.

So it's a more relaxed, laid back, Shawn -which suits her (and my moods) better that divorce (something I know nothing about). Family and commitment? Yes - happier with that as I celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. 

Where do they all belong? A stand alone, nestled into the folk rock section.

No comments:

Post a Comment