Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Raga Manj Khamaj (Ravi Shankar) (LP 742)

Ravi Shankar & Ali Akbar Khan  In Concert 1972 (Vinyl, Apple Records, 1972) ***** 

GenreApple Records 

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperbolesGear costume
Raga Manj Khamaj  (it's split over two sides - sides 3 and 4 but it's drone effect is very hipnotic and very rewarding if you've had a tough week)

Active compensatory factors: I don't play this album often but every time I do it affects me deeply - very soothing and contemplative.

Ravi's spirituality and calmness was a great inspiration to George Harrison and countless others. I don't pretend to understand this music or the meanings behind it, but I do really enjoy allowing it into my life from time to time.

Where do they all belong? Prominent position in my Apple Records collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment