Thursday, February 11, 2021

You have to believe it (CatarocK 5) (LP 563)

CatarocK 5 Disorder (CD, Madcatz, 2003)   **** 

GenreAlternative rock 

Places I remember: A music shop in the CentralWorld mall in Bangkok. Jacky and I were visiting Bangkok for the first time in 2003, I wanted some local music so the shop owner played me this CD by aThai band and I was gobsmacked!

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: #5

Gear costume: Don't believe it, you have to believe 

Active compensatory factors: Why is this in the alternative rock section? Well, it's all in Thai and the style of music is either hard core metal (as in the selections above) or catchy pop. I know. But it all works brilliantly.

And even better, it transports me back to that visit to Bangkok 18 years ago (because we were flying on Thai airways to London and on to Edinburgh we had a few days stopover in Bangkok).

[P.S. I also love the Parental Advisory 'sticker' on the front cover - proclaiming 'Not For Fight']

Where do they all belong? At the time I did get a couple of other CDs but they've been culled along the long and winding road.

No comments:

Post a Comment