Tuesday, November 3, 2020

I do it for your love (Bill Evans) (LP 501)

Bill Evans Affinity (CD, Warner Bros, 1979) ***

Genre: Piano Jazz 

Places I remember: Kings Recording (Abu Dhabi)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Blue in Green

Gear costume: Great cover! 

Active compensatory factors: We start the next 500 albums with this little oddity: Bill Evans, jazz pianist and legend (he played on Kind Of Blue - enough said), here teams up with Toots Thielemans (harmonica).

It's sometimes as odd as that sounds, but also ends up being pretty cool when bass (Marc Johnson's debut), drums, and sax are added to the mix.

Gotta say, I'm an absolute sucker for the Fender Rhodes electric piano. It's such a great sound and Bill Evans is a master!

Where do they all belong? A bit of a one-off in my collection - the only album I own by Bill and/or Toots.

No comments:

Post a Comment