Thursday, November 12, 2020

Easy from now on (Emmylou Harris) (LP 504)

Emmylou Harris Quarter Moon In A Ten Cent Town (CD, Warner Bros, 1978) ****


Genre: Country 

Places I remember: The Warehouse (Cambridge)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: To Daddy; Defying Gravity

Gear costume: Two More Bottles Of Wine

Active compensatory factors: I picked this up in a sale and then wondered (still do) why I don't have more of her stuff.

Weird - because this is great country music.

The playing is deft, the vocals crystal clear, the songs terrific. But somehow, and I really don't know why, it doesn't stick for me.

Maybe it's my rockist sensibilities but this is nice, without being essential listening in my world. Sorry Emmylou.

Where do they all belong? It's the only album I have by her, coming up are some Gram Parsons albums which she appears on. They are more to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment