Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Light inside (Aerosmith) (LP 383)

Aerosmith Just Push Play > (CD, Columbia, 2001) ***

Genre: American pop/rock 

Places I remember: Kerryn Hope's CD collection donated to moi


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Sunshine (it's catchy with Alice In Wonderland references)





Gear costume:  Just Push Play, Jaded  

Active compensatory factors: Apart from the crappy cover this is a superior Aerosmith album. Tyler sings like Tyler should sing, Perry plays guitar like he should play and so on...


That said, I'm not a big fan of Aerosmith. I was gifted this CD and it's the only one of theirs I have. So, when I say 'superior', I'm kinda guessing as I don't have much context to compare it with.

Why is that? Apart from being heavily derivative (the Jagger/Richards poses? Please), I think it's something to do with their brash musical style - not a lot of soul and feel - just glitch and decadent glamour - yer archetypal OTT American rockers.

In hindsight, that cover absolutely sums them up.


Where do they all belong? I used to own Pump. That was okay, but I sold it. Maybe a Greatest Hits compilation is your best bet - but they all appear to be dodgy live collections. And do you really need Aerosmith in your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment