Saturday, November 30, 2019

Rondo (Beethoven) (LP 352)

Claudio Arrau Beethoven Piano Concerto No.2, Op.19; Piano Sonata No.1, Op. 2, No.1 (Vinyl, Philips, 1964) ****

Genre: Classical 

Places I remember: Marbecks Records, Auckland


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Piano Concerto Rondo





Gear costume:  Piano Concerto Adagio

Active compensatory factors: When I was trying to flesh out my musical palette, I bought this on the recommendation of Murray Marbeck, Roger's dad.


He knew what he was on about did Murray. We bonded over the fact that we were both old boys of Mt Albert Grammar School. Being a MAGS boy carries some gravitas.

To be fair, you can't go too far wrong with Beethoven. My preference is for the piano concertos and sonatas rather than the symphonies and I enjoy this album whenever I hear it.

But the classical deviation didn't stick, I'm afraid. Jazz and rock music is my cup of tea.


Where do they all belong? In the slim classical section along with the baroque period artists that I enjoy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment