Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I can't hold on much longer (The Four Tops) (LP 266)

The Four Tops Night Lights Harmony (Vinyl - ABC Records, 1975) ***

Genre: Soul  

Places I remember: Second hand book and record shop Caterham-on-the-hill 


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Seven Lonely Nights





Gear costume: Is This The Price?
  



Active compensatory factors: Quite rightly, Levi Stubbs and The Four Tops are lauded throughout the music world as soul brother titans and genius singers. 

Tragically, their ABC material is somehow largely forgotten about because of the amazing stuff they did on Motown, but, I for one, love the ABC albums. 

Warning: if you click on Seven Lonely Nights it will be with you forever! A great great song and a real ear worm.

Where do they all belong? This one is the third of the ABC albums I know and love - after Keeper Of The Castle and Meeting Of The Minds. I'm ashamed to say that I sold it off at one stage (it is the least solid of the three) but luckily I found a replacement copy last week up the hill from where I live in Caterham. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment