Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hoochie Coochie Man (Willie Dixon) (LP 267)

Eric Clapton From The Cradle (CD - Reprise Records, 1994) ****

Genre: Blues  

Places I remember: Record store in Salisbury. Bought a few weeks ago while on holiday there. 


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Hoochie Coochie Man





Gear costume: Third Degree/ Reconsider Baby/ Driftin'

Active compensatory factors: I owned this a few years ago and in a rash moment of madness, I flicked it off. I know it was rash and mad because I've gone to my CD racks a few times to find it and it ain't there! Doh!!


While on holiday recently, in Salisbury before school started, I saw a copy, cheap, in a second hand record shop. Bam! Right there.

It's as good as I remember it, too. Slowhand returned to the blues for this outing and it's all the better for having a cohesive focus on that art form to which he's so adept. 

Where do they all belong? Good companion piece to the giant slaying Unplugged album.

No comments:

Post a Comment