Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Flute sonatas (LP 52)

J S Bach Flute Sonatas (Vinyl - Hungaroton) ***

Genre: Classical

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles:




Gear costume: The other tracks are similarly fab and gear.

Active compensatory factors: A weird one - most of the back cover is written in Hungarian, the front cover is terrible, but the music is wonderfully calming.

I used to put this on a lot when Jacky would ask for something that wasn't 'hillbilly music'.

There is something magical about the flute and harpsichord combination.

The baroque period is a great one for music. It featured many of my favourites - Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonio Vivaldi, George Frideric Handel, Domenico Scarlatti, Alessandro Scarlatti, Henry Purcell, Georg Philipp Telemann, and Arcangelo Corelli.

If I'm in need of soothing - this is where I head.

Where do they all belong? A compilation called Baroque Masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment