Friday, May 6, 2011

I'll be there for you like I've been there before (The Rembrandts)

I was thinking about TV theme songs a while ago and day dreaming about how lucky The Rembrandts were. Well maybe it turned into a curse but I bet they were thrilled to betsy when some TV executive rang them up and said, "Guess what fellas - we want one of your songs to be the opening theme of our new TV show called Friends".



Maybe the Rembrants have a long and distinguished career and many hits that I know nothing about. Maybe. But I'm willing to bet not. They got saturation coverage every week for years and their song became inextricably linked to the show.

My favourite theme songs share this characteristic. They are all from the golden age (or more accurately - my childhood TV viewing years). If I just had the sound without the pictures I can tell you what show they were from no problem.

Enjoy mine (yours were?).





No comments:

Post a Comment