Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Baroque and blue (Claude Bolling and Jean-Pierre Rampal) (LP 825)

Jean-Pierre Rampal and Claude Bolling  Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano (Vinyl, CBS Records, 1975) ****  

GenreJazz piano 

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Javanaise

Gear costume: Fugace part 1 and 2

Active compensatory factors: I bought a copy of this album while working at Marbecks Records in the late 70's, but I sold it along the way for some reason.

It's a delightful record - light and breezy and like the cover - a little bit ooh la la - cheeky.

Rampal on flute and Bolling on piano are joined by drums (Marcel Sabiani) and bass (Max Hediguer) to great effect. Everything is very simpatico. 

Where do they all belong? They repeated the trick with Suite 2 in 1987 that I also sold off. I haven't been able to find a replacement as yet but I'll keep looking. Yes, I know I could get it from Discogs but I prefer to find it locally - I'm not desperate for it and I like the thrill of the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment