Thursday, October 27, 2016

Sick things (Alice Cooper) (LP 60)

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies (vinyl - Warner Brothers Records, 1973) ****

Genre: American pop/rock

Places I remember: RCA Record Club. There was a real thrill attached to getting a record in the mail!

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: No More Mr Nice Guy




Gear costume: Elected, Billion Dollar Babies

Active compensatory factors: It's the more straight forward rock songs that grab my interest like the ones listed above, as opposed to the shock value attached to things like I Love the Dead, Sick Things, and others.

Compared to the classic School's Out, this set was much more varied in quality. Of the two albums I listen to School's Out much much more. 

Where do they all belong? I stopped collecting Alice Cooper albums after this one and the superior School's Out. Quality became increasingly patchy to my mind and then he went all wannabe metaller on us.  Marilyn Manson, I guess, is the natural destination if you have a mind to (which I don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment