Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rolling in the deep (Adele)

I am fascinated, obsessed, forever interested in the Woodstock festival of 1969.

It all began with the trailer before a movie I watched it 1970 when I was 13. I have no idea what the actual movie was that I saw because all I could think about was the incredible new world of long hair, hippie chicks, nudity and freaky music that I had just had a tantalisin glimpse of. BTW - said trailer is no where to be found on youtube - just a corporate sell for the Blu Ray edition. Sad.

I've recently read a couple of books on the festival, got Santana's full set on CD and bought the 4 DVD director's cut edition. Woodstock definitely has legs. I for one, can't get enough.

Speaking of youtube - it has some cool clips from performances that haven't made the triple vinyl soundtrack, the Woodstock II double vinyl soundtrack, the director's cut DVD or the compilation soundtrack CDs that have appeared over the years.



No comments:

Post a Comment