Thursday, November 23, 2017

Playing my game (Lene Marlin) (LP 167)

Lene Marlin Playing My Game (CD - Virgin, 1999) ***

Genre: Norwegian pop/ rock  

Places I remember: Virgin Megastore Dubai Mall.   

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Sitting Down Here




Gear costume: Unforgivable Sinner  

Active compensatory factors: I started my Lene Marlin obsession via a sampler. Sitting Down Here was a crazily effective ditty. It got into my brain and wouldn't let go. In a nice way.

Lene's whole sound is a superb mix of pop hooks, Scandinavian mystery and appropriate beats. 

It's catchy as all get out.

Taylor Swift was certainly one person who was listening and watching closely!   

I can just imagine a preteen Tay Tay picking up on what Lene was doing!

Where do they all belong? Debut album in a stellar career. Another Day is next. No difficult second album syndrome for Lene.

No comments:

Post a Comment