Sunday, October 22, 2017

Koncert Fur Piano (LP 155)

Mozart - Beethoven Piano Concertos #12 and 4 (CD - Point Classics, 1994) ***

Genre: Classical

Places I remember: The Warehouse (Cambridge)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/Gear costume: Of the two I prefer the Mozart concerto, #12.




Active compensatory factors: Although I'm a complete philistine with classical music, I know what I like and I do prefer piano concertos to symphonies. 

I find them less bombastic, with less peaks and valleys and more pastorally prog rockish, I guess. Having said that, I do find the elaborate piano flourishes a little tough to take at times.

Where do they all belong? In the small classical section. Next and last (I told you it was small) is some (tell) Tchaikovsky (the news).

No comments:

Post a Comment