Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Would you let it ride? (BTO)

Another Keegan compilation CD didn't rate with him unfortunately. It was my Heavy Metal/Rock CD.

Here's the track listing of the CD I called the...


The Heavy Rock one

Waste your tears – The Answer
Let it ride – Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Easy peasy – Black Spiders
White trash millionaire – Black Stone Cherry
Burnin' for you – Blue Oyster Cult
Fever – Bullet For My Valentine
Soap on a rope – Chickenfoot
The book of heavy metal – Dream Evil
Save us – Dream Evil
Heavy metal in the night – Dream Evil
Oh well – Fleetwood Mac
Iced Earth – Iced Earth
One more time – James LaBrie (from Dream Theater)
Curl of the burl – Mastodon
Spectrelight – Mastodon
Blood and thunder – Mastodon
 
Trampled underhoof – Mastodon

The profusion of Mastodon tracks is because Keegan requested a sample of their work. The Dream Evils are there cos I love their stuff.

I have noticed that Randy Bachman and Fred Turner are still touring together!! Amazing.


I loved the stuff they did as Bachman-Turner Overdrive. I didn't pick You ain't seen nuthin' yet, not because I don't love it, but Keegan would surely know it (who doesn't?) and they did other great songs worthy of inclusion.

When Randy Bachman left The (mighty) Guess Who he started out again with a band called Brave Belt. This eventually morphed into Bachman-Turner Overdrive and included at one time THREE Bachman brothers - main man Randy, drummer Robin (a.k.a. Robbie) and second guitarist Tim. C.F. 'Fred' Turner was on bass and vocals. 

Let it Ride, a Bachman/Turner composition) was a single off the second BTO album, with vocals from Fred.

For me, their sound transports me back to the seventies - riding around in my mum's Chevette - with the stereo blasting. Turn this one up!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment