Friday, September 24, 2010

A change would do you good (Sheryl Crow)

The trek through the greatest hits continues apace. Into the C's and Sheryl Crow's Hits and Rarities. Again bought in Doha when I was keen to track down Run Baby Run on CD (I only had it on a sample cassette back in Nu Zild).

Run Baby Run is an awesome track. I remember watching the video which I loved and then Roger gave me a mix tape with it on. Love the organ sound here and her vocal is lived it!

What a real shame that she has never hit those heights again. Peaked very early. The CD has the usual big suspects (All I Wanna Do, If It Makes You Happy) that are okayish. The only other good moment is her version of Sweet Child O'Mine (organ makes a welcome return) which I prefer to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment