Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well I've been out walking, I don't do that much talking, these days...

As coincidences would have it I've had two occasions today to think about Jackson Browne. The first was via a relief teacher that comes to school often - Mike. We've swapped music DVDs and today we were talking about Bonnie Raitt. I mentioned a great version of 'My Opening Farewell' that I saw recently with Jackson and Bonnie singing as a duo. The second was a Facebook page by a new friend - Heather Browne - when she quoted from 'These Days'.

I've loved his stuff for years - beginning with those first two albums, on through the big time years sharing stages with people like Bruce Springsteen, then the political agitator years into the faded glory years (Naked Ride Home was a disappointment). So here's my top 5 Jackson songs (and albums). First the albums:





The songs you get in video form whenever available - The aforementioned These Days; My Opening Farewell; For Everyman; Running on Empty; Sky: Blue and Black.





1 comment:

  1. I only have two Jackson Browne albums. 'Late for the Sky' and 'The Pretender'. Both are excellent, especially the first. Unfortunately the stylus on my turntable is busted so I can't listen to them. Reading this post has me kind of wanting to. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete